1) For a general overview of higher education in Switzerland:
2) There are 3 leading houses for the coordination of the scientific cooperation between Switzerland and Iran:
- In Iran: IUT Swiss Desk Isfahan:
Isfahan University of Technology (IUT) has been appointed as “National Swiss Contact Point” by the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology. It is responsible for all scientific cooperation between Iran and Switzerland except of medical science.
- In Iran: TUMS Leading House for Iran-Switzerland Academic Partnerships:
Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS) has been appointed by the Ministry of Health and Medical Education for the coordination of scientific collaboration between Switzerland and Iran in the field of medical science. The Swiss Desk at TUMS was inaugurated in May 2018 and will start its work soon. We haven’t received any contact details yet.
- In Switzerland: ZHAW Leading House for South Asia and Iran:
Zürcher Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften (ZHAW)
- Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for Foreign Scholars and Artists:
Each year the Swiss Confederation awards Government Excellence Scholarships to promote international exchange and research cooperation between Switzerland and over 180 other countries. Recipients are selected by the awarding body, the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students. The next application procedure for these scholarships starts in early August 2018.
- Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF):
Based on a government mandate, the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) supports scientific research in all academic disciplines, from history to medicine and the engineering sciences.
In the attachment you find an overview of the SNSF support to international mobility and to international collaboration.
- The IUT Swiss Desk and the ZHAW Leading Houses have funding instruments for joint scientific projects on their own. Information can be found on their websites.
4) Private schools:
5) Other Websites: